What is Free Compassion? A liberated state of being unattached to the craving desires grounded in lower self (ego-fear), and openly – willingly extending heartfelt love, empathy and understanding freely to all.
Random Acts of Kindness are one way to practice yoga off the mat and in the world, so is FREE COMPASSION. Our technologically focused society has disrupted our connection to one another.
I watch people with their heads in their phones, clambering away on a laptop, mindlessly driving to their next task, rushing through their workout so they can check it off the list, and avoiding eye contact like they were going to catch some rare disease – or heaven forbid – have to talk to someone they don’t know. IT IS NUTS! We are in general, a disconnected society suffering in our own mind stuff; and it is not fun, liberating or present – at all. FREE COMPASSION is a practice that reconnects you with humanity…and with yourself – the best version of you!
So, if you want to experience the joy of living and begin a practice of yoga off the mat, try this:
· Slow down
· Pause and look at the people around you
· Really look at them, watch their faces and behavior
· See if you can figure out what they might be thinking or expressing from a loving non-judgmental perspective
· And, extend FREE COMPASSION: a kind word, smile, helping hand or the simple extension of a loving intention…send them compassion.
· Then just be present and see what happens.
· Once you’ve done that, post the outcome – the effects of your FREE COMPASSION on this post, and share your loving intentions with all.
You will be amazed at the joy, and magic of the universe.